We Did It Games
Based in Portland OR and Chicago IL, USA
March 1, 2011
Path-o-Gen is a vertically-scrolling shooter that follows the escape of young germ Gen from out of the bowels of Dick, a guy who finds joy in making people miserable. Collect power-ups, face bacteria and bile alike until you reach the menacing Bacteriophage, all while spreading your disease of happiness. Go for the high score and explore different strategies to earn unique performance medals and showcase your undeniable awesomeness.
Path-o-Gen was the first project Wayne and Gabe worked on together. Wayne had already begun the process with another programmer, but after she had to move to on to other things, Gabe stepped in to assist with programming duties. The game's first build was launched on various Flash portals on March 1, 2011, with the subsequent version 1.1 update being released on May 21, 2011.
- Fast-paced, challenging vertical-shooter game-play.
- Gorgeous, fully-animated vector artwork.
- In-game achievements system and leaderboards.
- All original audio: soundtrack by the brilliant Chip Hessner, and original sound design by Ken McGill.
There are currently no trailers available for Path-o-Gen. Check back later for more or contact us for specific requests!
Logo & Icon
- "Path-o-Gen is a wonderfully-constructed game."
- Ben Saller, The Art of Pairing Video Games with Booze
- "Such a loverrlly little game, nice simple shooter, crisp clean fun visuals. What more could anyone ask for. Well done."
- Loopykitty, Newgrounds
A Taste of Chicago: We Did It Games's Path-o-Gen and Half Acre Beers
Ben Saller pairs Path-o-Gen with tasty brews from Half Acre videogamesandbooze.blogspot.com.
About We Did It Games
We Did It Games is Wayne Watrach and Gabe Hargrave, an indie game duo dedicated to crafting fun, challenging and rewarding digital game experiences.
More information on We Did It Games, our logo & relevant media are available here.